At the heart of the Jewish Book Council is a mission to inspire readers, writers, and all who love the written word. Through the sharing of texts and stories, the Jewish Book Council guides communities towards a renaissance of Jewish life and expands our understanding of the wider world.
–Edgar M. Bronfman
By supporting Jewish Book Council, you’ll be making a meaningful contribution to the organization’s work — from our awards programs to our annual print literary journal, and from our book club resources to our author network. Thank you for joining us in our mission to support and celebrate Jewish literature!
*To make a donation in honor or memory of someone, or to send a gift membership, please forward your donation/membership receipt to firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.*
Paying by check? See our address here
Jewish Book Council is a nonprofit 501(c)(3) corporation
*Please include the person’s or organizations’s name, address, email address, and message you would like JBC to send them.
Friend of Jewish Book Council
- The latest issue of Paper Brigade, our annual literary journal (We are currently shipping issue four, but if you prefer to wait to receive issue five, coming out in winter 2021, please let us know by writing to email@example.com)
- A JBC tote bag (If you have a preference between our beige/blue versus red/yellow tote bag, please let us know by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- Members will be invited to a special behind the scenes conversation in November 2021 with Paper Brigade’s editors upon the release of issue five (the date will be announced in October 2021)
All Friend benefits plus:
- An exclusive JBC postcard set with illustrations of famous Jewish authors (New postcards will be available in winter 2021. If you have already received the original set and prefer to wait to receive the new set, please let us know by writing to email@example.com.)
- JBC’s “Ask Me What I’m Reading” pin
All Readers Circle benefits plus:
- Members-only preview of Paper Brigade
- 10% discount on annual writers’ seminars
All Editors Circle benefits plus:
- A National Jewish Book Award-winning book
- An invitation to attend JBC’s “Meet the Author” event to hear from over 250 authors about their new books (this event is currently a virtual experience)
For further information and endowment opportunities, including endowing a National Jewish Book Award category, please call Naomi Firestone-Teeter at 212−201−2921.